Dress Code & Etiquette
On the Course
On the Course and in the Clubhouse, denim jeans, collarless shirts and "trainers" or "sneakers" are not considered acceptable. Tailored shorts may be worn on the course, however, they should be above the knee and worn with white (only) socks ( trainer style are acceptable|) . Cargo shorts and other shorts with exterior pockets will not be permitted. Shorts are not allowed in the dining rooms. Boat shoes (slip on style) may be worn without socks in the club house. The wearing of sandals and flip flops and any similair bare foot attire is not permitted.
Golf Shoes are not allowed in any part of the Bar/Lounge areas or Dining room.
All golfers are expected to comply with the Clubs general policies that apply are widely known throughout the golfing world:
- Speed of play always remains a thorny issue in modern golf. Please attempt to keep up with the game ahead, and if you fall behind, please make suitable efforts to pick up the pace of play to close this gap. If there is a faster moving group behind, and space, ahead please do let this group through.
- Please make the effort to repair all pitch marks correctly. Except after rain, Notts. greens will be quite firm so the mark may not be fully apparent; please try to locate and repair accordingly.
- Please rake all bunkers and leave them in a condition you would hope to play from.
- Please replace all divots.
- Dogs are not permitted on any part of the Club’s property.
Notts 8 point guide maintaining the correct pace of play:
- When errant, watch the ball very carefully identifying a reference for line to assist with the search process.
- When errant, take a provisional ball, in case the search is unsuccessful.
- Walk at a good pace between shots.
- Be ready to play when it’s your turn
- Line up putts in advance of your turn when possible (without, of course, distracting playing partners)
- Leave golf bags around the green in the correct place to move to the next tee, never at the front of a green.
- Mark scorecards without undue delay
If unable to score in a stableford event, please pick up your ball.
In the Club House